Friday, December 25, 2009

RE: Tankingtips.com

http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/24/the-emblem-of-frost-pick-order/

Fine, I guess I buy that… but the trinket!?

Well… I need more in a Trinket than Stamina. So, this trinket comes off as really, really lackluster to me. Absorbing damage isn’t exciting at all. Compare the bonus offered by this trinket to Satrina’s Impeding Scarab and it’s clear that the emblem trinket got the shaft. And I’m not just saying this when comparing the trinket to high tier items, I wouldn’t use this Stamina beast over The Black Heart either. So between the two I’ve already mentioned that best it, Glyph of Indomitability which is still amazing, there’s also Heart of Iron and Royal Seal of King Llane.

Which really begs the question, why pick it up at all? Because you never know if the absorb mechanic will be useful for some fight. It’s also entirely possible that a fight will have only magic damage and it’d be nice to have this in our toolkit. Okay, who am I kidding… sometimes, you just want to show off how much health you can get!



FINALLY VENE, someone who agrees with me. As I already mentioned I will be getting the stam trinket absolutely last, after my 4 set bonus, the cape, and the idol. While I will always think the black heart is EXTREMELY overrated (I hate procs, even in the expansion I ran 35 agi over mongoose for quite some time) I agree with the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment