- Taunt Diminishing Returns: We’ve revised the system for diminishing returns on Taunt so that creatures do not become immune to Taunt until after 5 Taunts have landed. The duration of the Taunt effect will be reduced by 35% instead of 50% for each taunt landed. In addition, most creatures in the world will not be affected by Taunt diminishing returns at all. Creatures will only have Taunt diminishing returns if they have been specifically flagged for that behavior based on the design of a given encounter.
- Rebirth: The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 20 minutes down to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas. (not really tank related but GDI about dam time)
- Hunters: Misdirection: Redesigned. Instead of having finite charges, it now begins a 4-second timer when the hunter using Misdirection performs a threat-generating attack, during which all threat generated by the hunter goes to the friendly target. In addition, multiple hunters can now misdirect threat to the same friendly target simultaneously.
- Demoralizing Screech: The attack power reduction from this ability has been increased by 40%, equaling the maximum possible attack power reduction from the abilities of other classes. (REALLY? CAME THE FUCK ON BLIZZARD, warriors and druids still need to spend 5 talent points to max it out while paladins get it for 2 and hunters just have to change a pet, bullshit)
- Infected Wounds: This ability is no longer considered to be in the magical defense category; therefore spell hit no longer applies to its activation. Tooltip error corrected. (with luck this means it also now only needs 8% hit to never miss instead of the 17? it currently needs)
I have not actually compared anything yet and remember it all depends on relative to your individual gear level, but for me nothing but the chest will be an upgrade. Furthermore I am only linking tank items, minus capes which even the DPS capes make a decent tank item with a 30 stam gem in them. Some of the accessories have parry on them but even for me they are just barely a downgrade but please be respectful of your fellow (plate) tanks.
Forge of Souls:
Pit of Saron:
Halls of Reflection: