Thursday, March 12, 2009

A challenge from a friend, the reason for the URL, and new patch notes

While debating how to start my blog, I came across this post by a friend of mine.

If there’s one quality that a great tank has it’s the ability to reflect upon their experiences be they achievements, mistakes, insecurities, inconsistencies or any of a million different things.
For me this rings very true. I have always felt that the first and most important step to becoming a better tank is to know where they are weakest. A consistent inconstancy is a good thing because it is identifiable and you can focus on improving. For me, it is targeting, especially since Wrath of the AOE, trying to target that one mob without first accidentally clicking on the 4 raiders its running past on its way to the person who pulled agro way in the back. On that same note any time there is no targeting circle, usually because of something on the ground like a rug, it drives me crazy and disorients me.

I have been a tank since BWL as a warrior, a druid just as long (pvping to rank 13 on my horde account), and a feral tank since 2.0 (the day darksend was created). Even at the top of my game progressing through BT and sunwell in a server 1st guild, things would happen that could shatter me and make me lose all confidence in my tanking abilities.

So in extension of vene's challenge, take the time to reflect on something, anything, that you accomplished as a tank and ask yourself, how can I get better? Then promise me to never lose confidence in your abilities and skill, it is the biggest pitfall a tank can ever make.

Next, the inspiration behind the url (though it as been changed to Protector of the Pack, the true name of the talent will live on forever)

*New Talent* Mother Bear[PH][NYI] (Tier 8 ): Increases the bonus attack power for Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by an additional 20/40/60%, and for each friendly player in your party, damage you take is reduced while in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 1/2/3%.
Finally,
Druid
Item:
Druid T8 Feral 2P Bonus (Class: Druid) -- The periodic damage dealt by your Rake, Rip, and Lacerate abilites has a chance to cause you to enter a Clearcasting state.
Item - Druid T8 Feral 4P Bonus (Class: Druid) -- Increases the duration of Savage Roar and Survival Instinct by 8 sec.
Feral:
Faerie Fire (Feral) now deals [15% of AP + 1] damage. (Up from [5% of AP + 1])
Those look like they are going to be must have for DPS, allowing for a consistent FB every rotation. The 4pc for tanking is really strong but the 2pc is lackluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment