So!, what suddenly made armor good again? Simply put, fight mechanics. Let us take a trip down memory lane back to ToGC25 and what killed tanks:
- NRB: Bleed ticks+melee+impale+stomp in under a second, once you reach this threshold armor was actually better.
- LJ: 10 stack fireballs not being interrupted
- FC: Cat gear!
- Twins: lots of magic damage
- Anub: Enough HP to survive a melee+slash+ leaching swarm tick then armor became better
- LM, Healer getting spiked = dead tank
- LDW: I actually use double stam trinkets here
- Gunship: I use DPS trinkets here actually if I do not go over, double stams if I do go over because of the bleeding throw
- DBS: armor
- Festergut: 3stack melee swings
- Rotface: melee swings during explosion and healers moving
- PP: again death to melee while healers are moving
- Blood Prince Council: no real tank killer here, roll cooldowns when keleseth is empowered to let the healer get more heals on the warlock tank by having to worry less about you
- Blood Queen: Again no real tank killer, if healers are moving when she lands you may need to hit cooldowns while they position
As for the organ itself, I have found the uptime to be TERRIBLE! On putricide it likes to drop every time he casts an experiment, on lanathil she turns to do her abilities enough that it does not stay up consistantly, same with slime spray on rotface. Festergut it is actually pretty good though. Any boss with a casted ability (shock vortex on council and bone spikes on morrowgar) will see a terrible uptime as well. The armor is good enough to negate that but I am extremly disapointed by the equip.
Finally I realized this turned into more of a "how to survive the tank killer abilities" post but whatever.