Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Furor is terrible!

I have a feeling I have written this before (or maybe I just thought I did when lissanna wrote something about it) but

The biggest quality of life issue since ulduar, FUROR! Until Ulduar came out you almost never saw a feral druid with improved mark of the wild and thus would always have 5/5 furor. So what a wake-up call it was when suddenly improved mark became a required talent for feral druids and we have to stand there and shift 5+ times to get the 10 rage proc. Do the math all you want, what the odds of a 60% chance not happening 5 times in a row, and I could care less, I have seen it happen time and time again. Waiting before Anub one I had to shift so many times just to get 10 rage I ran out of mana and had to drink.

Now granted this was a much bigger problem in the past, and since the buff to enrage and bloodrage it is not nearly as big a deal, but it is still a royal pain.

1) Make it a 3 point talent at 33/66/100% chance to grant 10 rage.

2) Leave it at 5 points and make it always a 100% chance for 2/4/6/8/10 rage.

3) Make it 3 points and make it a 100% chance for 2/4/6 rage.

4) and probably the most radical idea because it is my favorite. Just remove furor completely, make natural shapeshifter a 5 point talent and move it to tier 1 where furor is right now, and make it 6/12/18/24/30% mana reduction and a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to get 10 rage.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I am shifting for rage as DKs are using army, and the retards' armies pull the boss when I have shifted 4 times and still have 0 rage. What really upsets me about furor is bosses that you start an event and it starts in x-seconds and you have a limited amount of shifts to get a proc.
______________________
After reading what GC said about removing talents that buff buffs, and kalon for sniping a post I was in the process of writing, improved mark will probably be gone. But what does this mean for the passive stat increase it provided? Will that be made up somewhere else or will everything I just wrote about above be completely pointless because we will need 5/5 furor to advance to the next tier anyway?

Which brings up point 2: Naturalist will probably be gone too, with vengeance making up some of the difference for bears and the cat mastery is just straight up damage. Same with MSS, and as a bear there is really no reason to go that deep in resto just for that.

So I guess what I am trying to get at is, will a bear tank have any reason to not spend every single talent point in the feral tree (or all but the 5/5 for furor). Should furor be made up somewhere else in the feral tree, since that is where it really belongs anyway, and just give moonkin something somewhere else to make up the stat difference?

6 comments:

  1. Do you find that you really need to do that in a raid anymore? Just hit enrage and you have an instant 20 Rage with another 10 coming soon. With 4pc T 10 its even nicer! Besides once you take a hit or 2 you should be fullish on rage anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a paladin ask me the other day why I was standing there in caster form when the LK encounter was getting ready to start. It's always funny when your whole guild is like why aren't you in bear yet as they are getting worried you are afk or something because you don't want to shift too early and lose all your rage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually more likely that imp MOTW will be removed in Cata, in which case, you'd have those extra points freed up to max out Furor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever 'they' do, the point is that at the moment Furor is being wasted. How many talents have Blizzard turned from 5 points to 3 or even 2... and yet Furor remains the same. In Cata the changes they make to rage generation may make even the talent itself obsolete, but still... atm it's a sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warrior shouts are going to be similar in function to DKs horn of winter for rage generation.

    I would see Blizz giving bears something alongs those lines in regards to demo shout or permanently taking the penality off of enrage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackaran - LightninghoofJune 10, 2010 at 1:08 PM

    I love furor and grinded 1-80 with 5/5 Furor. If Mark wasn't so good, or if I had other points to sacrifice, I'd totally pick up furor just because of how many times I shape-shift in fights. TOC, Festergut, Professor, Saurfang, Dreamwalker, Sindragosa. Just so many fights where you can go Kitty and scratch the bosses ass a little bit and then switch back to tank.

    ReplyDelete